Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
SWG Profession Guide - Bio-Engineer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post SWG Profession Guide - Bio-Engineer
So You Want To Become A Bio Engineer...

By ArthurDentOnBria

General Questions

Q: What does a BE do exactly?
A BE creates Creature Clones, Tissues, and Pet Meds.

Q: What does it take to become a BE?
Novice BE requires Organic Chemistry from Medic, Creature Knowledge from Scout, and 10k additional Medicine Crafting experience.

Q: What is the profession like?
In a nutshell, the BE profession involves heavy crafting but can also involve heavy adventuring for those who seek out the best DNA.

General Clone Questions

Q: What is a BE creature clone?
BE clones are essentially deeds for creatures that can be tamed by anyone with the proper skills, much like droid deeds (barring those that are currently broken).

Q: Can non-CH tame Creature Clones if they have no CH skills?
Yes! Creature clones within non-CH limits, CL 10 are tamable by anyone.

Q: I'm a non-CH and a tamed a BE creature clone, but it wont do anything I tell it to... Is it broken?
No, it just doesnt know ny commands because nobody has trained it. Take it to a friendly CH for training - non-CH clones do not need to know the transfer command to be traded.

Q: Can a BE make me a Cowardly Gurreck, Rock Beetle, Graul Mauler?
No, a BE can only make the clones that he has schematics for, given to him through the leftmost skill line called Clone Engineering.

Q: Ok, so what creatures can BE make?
See Sumorex's guide for a full list of BE creatures and their minimum Creature Levels

Q: Will you ever be able to make more than that?
There are no current plans that we have been made aware of to introduce new creatures.

General Tissue Questions

Q: Ok, enough about clones, tell me about tissues!
There are two types of tissues: tissues for food and tissues for clothes.

Q: What's the difference?
Food Tissues can enhance the duration and effect of foods when a chef uses them in the food crafting process. Similarly, Clothing Tissues can enhance the skills of the
wearer of the clothing when a tailor uses them in the clothing crafting process.

Q: What are Clothing Tissues?
Clothing Tissues are components that BE’s make that can be used in the creation of clothing.

Q: How does this work?
Well, many clothes require components called “Synthetic Cloth” and “Reinforced Fiberplast Panel” to make. BE Clothing Tissues can be used as an optional component in the making of those clothing components (did you get that?).

Q: So I can't put a BE tissue into a clothing socket?
Sorry, no. BE tissues are different from skill tapes.

Q: Which tissues can be used in what clothes?
Each tissue will only work in one of the two components – SC (“casual wear”) or RFP (“field wear”) as labeled on the tissues description. Certain clothes use certain amounts of one or the other component and some even use both.

Q: How many tissue enhancements can be fitted into one outfit?
Currently, multiple enhancements from two components of the same type (both SC or both RFP) will not stack on the same item of clothing yet (this is supposedly being fixed also), but everything else stacks properly (between items of clothing or on one item of clothing with an enhanced SC and an enhanced RFP). The total bonus for any one skill mod granted by tissue enhancement is +25.

Q: You're a dirty liar! My friend has enhanced clothes and his skills are showing a +58 bonus!
Sorry, the cap is +25. There is a display bug that makes it look like you are getting more, but according to the Dev's, you aren't.

Q: Enough with the technical stuff, I want to know what Clothing Tissue can do for me!
There are 8 different classes of Clothing Tissues each with a higher level and a lower level version. The 8 classes are: intimadation/warcry, injury treatment/wound treatment, bleed defense, stun defense/melee defense, cover, maskcent/camoflauge, taming wild creatures/taming viscious creatures, and dancer/musician wound healing. The higher versions in each class enhance the same skill mods, but they enhance for a greater amount each. Several tissues cannot be currently made in bulk because they also require rare and obscure resources.

Q: What is Secret Research Data?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ThunderHeart Wrote: Im told that there are probably one or two rare pieces of data in the game, but that the "secret research data" slot will be developed in greater detail in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Pet Med Questions

Q: What Pet Meds can a BE make?
There are 2 types of pet meds: Pet Stimpack and Pet Vitality Medpack.

Q: What is special about Pet Stimpacks?
Well, not only do they not require medicine use (i.e. anyone can use them regardless of medic skills) but they also heal the mind pool, which normal stimpacks, or “people stims,” cannot do. Pet Stims also run on a seperate timer than people stims, meaning that you can heal with both at the same time.

Q: Why is it that the highest level Pet Stim I can find is Pet Stim C’s?
Simply because D’s require fish which is very hard to collect in any amount, especially with good quality..

Q: What do Pet Vitality Medpacks do?
Pet Vitality Medpacks do not heal wounds. There is a fourth stat on creature pets called “Vitality” that is a condition stat and is lowered by a certain amount every time a pet is incapacitated by an enemy that normally deathblows. When this stat reaches below 75 the creature suffers a 25% reduction from its fully grown healthy HAM, when it reaches below 50 it is increased to a 50% reduction, and below 25 vitality is a 75% reduction from adult healthy HAM. Pet Vitality Medpacks work like repair kits for armor and weapons by refilling the vitality of the pet at some cost to the maximum vitality. Using higher grade vitality packs results in a lower reduxtion of a pet's max vitality.

Novice BE Questions

Q: How do I make creatures?
Creature schematics all have 3 slots: Creature Food, Flora Food, and a DNA Template.

Q: What the heck is "creature food"?
Meat! I think eggs and milk technically count also, but dont waste those in a creature.

Q: Ok, so I guess flora food is wheat, beans, anything that sounds edible?
Yes! Berries, flowers, rice, stuff like that.

Q: Whats a DNA Template?
A DNA Template is a component that every creature requires. Generic DNA templates can be used in any 'skin' and each take 5 DNA samples from any creature.

Q: How do I sample DNA?
You have to be within 15m of your target and hit your /sampledna macro. Your target must be a creature, must not be in combat, and not leave your 15m range before the process is completed.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:56 am
Chief Warrant Officer

Post Re: SWG Profession Guide - Bio-Engineer
Grinding to Master BioEngineer

all you need to know Part 1 - By Xanda

Overview

Unlike other crafting professions, you will only be able to complete 3 of the 4 skill trees through crafting. The fourth skill tree, DNA sampling, is very time consuming and is difficult to macro AFK since each DNA sample is unique and cannot be stacked. Thus, your inventory fills fast and will need to be emptied often. Sampling DNA is dangerous, and the frequency of aggro is highest at the lowest skill levels. Also, sampling DNA will rapidly drain your Mind bar (particularly for us Zabraks) and that means that you will either need to buy lots of spice or chef foods in order to sample continuously.

Crafting Part 1: What to Grind and How

From Novice BE, grind Constrictor Cloths until you get Tissues I. In practice mode they will offer you 110xp per cloth. Then, grind Micronutrient Supplements up to Tissues 3 (same XP, but less meat required); requires a food & chemical crafting tool. Finally, grind Broad Spectrum Nutrients or Scent Camouflage from there until Master; requires sitting in front of a crafting droid or personal crafting station (not a public one).
Note: when you grind the supplements, use FLORA for slots 1 and 2, and use meat only for slot 3. If you double click on the meat first, it will fill slot 1 and then slot 3; meat is by far the more rare and expensive resource, so double click on it ONLY after the other two slots are filled with the flora.
The total amount of resources is (approximately) 80k meat and 175k flora (this is not exact, but a good estimate). The meat gets very expensive very quickly. Save money by buying the worst meat and flora you can: the macro below prevents critical failures, so quality will not be important. The total XP required to complete all three crafting trees is 510,000xp. Average CONTINUOUS grind time >12 hours.

Crafting Part 2: Macro

I will openly admit that I did not write this macro. What follows for the remainder of this section is a macro written by someone else anonymously. I have used it and found it is outstanding. But, you MUST follow it to the letter. I have posted a couple of quick comments about errors and issues throughout the text. Please read this carefully and fully. I cannot provide support for the macro, but if you read the directions COMPLETELY, it works. Really. To whomever wrote this: thank you.

First, the macro file itself. Go to your desktop (i.e., exit the game). Open up notepad or MS Word and create a text file called "macros.txt" (or any other filename you want as long as you accordingly update future references to macros.txt to your file's name). Copy everything BETWEEN Start File and End File below directly into your blank text file and save.

AutoCraft1:

/ui action toolbarSlot00; /selectDraftSchematic 158; /pause 5; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /createPrototype practice no item; /createPrototype practice no item; /pause 2; /AutoCraft2;

AutoCraft2:

/ui action toolbarSlot01; /selectDraftSchematic 158; /pause 5; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /createPrototype practice no item; /createPrototype practice no item; /pause 2; /AutoCraft3;

AutoCraft3:

/ui action toolbarSlot02; /selectDraftSchematic 158; /pause 5; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /createPrototype practice no item; /createPrototype practice no item; /pause 2; /AutoCraft4;

AutoCraft4:

/ui action toolbarSlot03; /selectDraftSchematic 158; /pause 5; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /createPrototype practice no item; /createPrototype practice no item; /pause 2; /AutoCraft5;

AutoCraft5:

/ui action toolbarSlot04; /selectDraftSchematic 158; /pause 5; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /createPrototype practice no item; /createPrototype practice no item; /pause 2; /AutoCraft6;

AutoCraft6:

/ui action toolbarSlot05; /selectDraftSchematic 158; /pause 5; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /createPrototype practice no item; /createPrototype practice no item; /pause 2; /AutoCraft7;

AutoCraft7:

/ui action toolbarSlot06; /selectDraftSchematic 158; /pause 5; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /createPrototype practice no item; /createPrototype practice no item; /pause 2; /AutoCraft8;

AutoCraft8:

/ui action toolbarSlot07; /selectDraftSchematic 158; /pause 5; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /nextCraftingStage; /createPrototype practice no item; /createPrototype practice no item; /pause 2; /ui action toolbarSlot08;

Everything in between the markers beginning with "-----" goes into the file. Note that:

1) There should be no "space" at the end of any of the lines; all lines should end with a carriage return right after the semi-colon
2) There should be no space between lines
3) Capitalization matters! Do not change the capitalization or the macro will not work
1. Create 8 crafting tools of the type you want to use for grinding. You can modify this process to use fewer, but you may have to adjust the pause lengths so you don't catch up to a crafting tool that hasn't finished the prototype from the last go around.
2. Go to one of your blank toolbars (using CTRL-F1 thru CTRL F6 to go through them).
The first toolbar slot of a toolbar is always referred to in macros as toolbarSlot00. The 12th one is toolbarSlot11. If you show 24 slots on your screen, then they continue on the second row up through toolbarSlot23. Keep this all in mind if you go about modifying the macro file.
3. Drag and drop one crafting tool into each of the first 8 toolbar slots on the top.
4. Create an actual macro by going to the actions screen, CTRL-A, and switching to the macro tab then creating a new macro. In the macro, put the single command: /AutoCraft1
5. Give this macro a name and then drag this macro from your macro list into the 9th toolbar slot (toolbarSlot08). This is critical for your macro to cycle!
6. At this point, you are ready to begin crafting with the macro. It is recommended to be in an uncrowded place to avoid lag, etc. Hitting any key between F1 and F9 will at this point begin the macro chain. The macro boots the crafting sessions and gives you 5 seconds to load all the resources. It will then do a practice session on the item for you. The macro as it is provided here, selects the 158th schematic in your datapad. This is the broad spectrum nutrients for me.
You can get a rough idea of what your schematic number is by opening your datapad, go to the "Schematics" tab, and change the view so the schematics are in a list. Then, count upward starting at ZERO for the first schematic. When you hit micronutrient supplement, that should be your schematic number. However, I've found that technique varies usually by one or two slots. Run the schematic with the new schematic number you found by counting. If making something other than micronutrient supplements, go back to your datapad and find the object the macro is crafting. Then count up or down from that schematic to micronutrient supplement. Add or subtract from your original schematic number accordingly and then correct your txt file. This works rapidly and saves too much trial-and-error.
To change the amount of time you have to select your resources, change the "/pause 5;" that follows the select draft schematic command. The lower you go, the more chance you will have of skipping a "beat" in the chain - but the chain continues. Another trick is to put all of your unnecessary resources elsewhere like in a backpack, so you only have the actual resources you'll be clicking on available in your inventory as you use this macro.
If you actually want to create the items, "/createPrototype practice no item;" needs to be changed to "/createPrototype;" But your inventory will fill fast, just so you're aware.
If you want to modify these things, here's some info on how it works:
The aliases AutoCraft1 - AutoCraft8 get loaded when you load the macros.txt file.
The first 7 of them call the next higher AutoCraft alias.
Each AutoCraft alias does the following steps:
* Clicks on its corresponding crafting tool on your toolbar.
* Selects the draft schematic
* Gives you time to select your resources
* Takes care of zooming through the rest of the crafting screens
* Gives a brief pause to allow things to settle down before moving on
The last step in each of the first seven aliases is to call the next one in line.
The 8th one, however, clicks on the 9th toolbar slot that should contain the macro you wrote which re-executes AutoCraft1 - starting the whole cycle over again. Trying to put /AutoCraft1; as the last command in AutoCraft8 will cause the game to display a message that says something like, "Alias Recursion Buster" stopped execution...which is to prevent an endless cycle of recursion in aliases. So the macro takes care of that.

To halt the macro, type /dump during one of your resource selection breaks and it will dump the paused chain of commands.
You can Alt-Tab in and out of the game to modify the macros.txt file and then when you return to the game, you can reload the file using: /load macros.txt
That will overwrite the previously loaded aliases with any updated versions of them. Okay...some other important things.
1. The macro WILL NOT load the ingredients for you. My limited understanding of the EULA is that this may violate SWG rules, and could result in banning. Doubt it could happen, but it is up to you if you choose to go that route.
2. You must double click on the ingredients to load them.
3. You will see the message, "Failed to craft item! Crafting Session Ended!" spammed on your screen while you are running the macro. Don't worry: this is normal and means the macro is working. To reassure you, you can see the timers above the crafting tools appear in succession and your XP will increase (but only if you loaded ingredients into the tool: the same message will appear even if you load nothing into the tool, but XP will be zero and there will be no countdown timer).
4. If you fail to double click on all the ingredients in time (particularly if you see a "Loading..." message in an ingredient slot), you may get an error that says "Schematic Failed to Load". Just click out of the box and continue on your way: however, you did not get XP for that craft, but on the other hand you didn't lose resources either.
5. To stop the macro, type "/dump"
6. Rarely, the macro will "catch up to itself" and you'll get a message that says "You are already crafting!" Click okay and move on.
7. This macro bypasses any potential for critical failures. You will NEVER crit fail with this, so it is exceptionally efficient and can be used for any crafting profession. However, it bypasses the ability to experiment, so be aware of that too.
8. If you want more XP, buy Ornachek from a chef: it will increase your XP for the next 20-odd crafts or so. Cool, eh?
9. Oddly, if you leave the macro running, you will not get logged out. Also note that MANY people are reporting a crafting XP bug since Patch 6 came out where suddenly, randomly, you stop receiving XP. If this occurs, immediately log out and then back in again. Your XP should reappear or at the least should start re-accumulating. KEEP AN EYE OUT ON YOUR XP OR YOU'LL CRAFT A LOT, LOSE RESOURCES, AND NOT GET XP!
DNA Sampling Part 1: What to Grind and How
Be aware that there is no "practice" mode and that each successful DNA sample will be placed in your inventory. That really puts the kibosh on your sampling rapidly. Combat is likely as most critters get irritated after some time of being poked with a needle and will aggro. And, it seems that some of our needles are laced with InstaKill as many critters fall over dead after anywhere from 1-6 samples. Note that if you sample a critter to death, you CANNOT then extract resources from it. So, apparently the DNA needle also simultaneously sucks out all of the hide, meat, and bone from the critter. Go figure. I'd recommend several things:

1. Buy armor...But get it sliced because the encumbrance will ding your mind pool and you need that for sampling
2. Buy three vehicles for quick escapes when the critters aggro. You can then disengage them, return, and resume sampling. Right now all vehicles need to be called from camp, so buying crates of camps is a good idea to call vehicles as their maintenance is used up. However, there is a patch in the works that will relieve this requirement and the camps will no longer be needed. We'll see if and when that happens.
3. Get yourself some food or spice. Muon Gold has always been a staple for bolstering the mind for uninterrupted sampling. However, it has a nasty withdrawal and the chef food Smuggler's Delight is still buggy and doesn't seem to lessen the downer. Nowadays there is also Vasarian Brandy made by chefs: no withdrawal at all and can bolster the mind up to 300 points per serving (more or less). The problem is it's pretty expensive by the crate, so make a deal with a chef to provide them your tissues and they'll probably cut you a deal. Vagnerian Canap is also great since it bolsters willpower. Also, be sure to get some Ornachek as it can bolster your XP per sample for about 20 samples. Not too shabby.
4. Go up the Scout skill tree to Scout 4: mask scent is essential for getting higher level DNA samples (=higher XP), and the terrain negotiation can help you burst run (in case you can't remember where you parked your vehicle).
5. Have a MBE make you two tissues of something called Scent Neutralization. The combined bonus of the two tissues should be sewn into clothes; they provide a bonus to mask scent. However, that bonus caps at +25 no matter how many items of clothing with bonuses you wear! So, be aware of that.
6. To improve your DNA XP, use your sampled DNA and craft Generic DNA Templates but make sure it's in practice mode. It will give you 10% extra XP and will empty your inventory.
For whatever reason, there is no command in the Ctrl-A menu for sampling DNA. So, you'll need to create that first. The command is /sampleDNA. You cannot sample babies, pets, humanoid types (ie, the Nightsisters), dead critters, or creatures (in general) with >13k HAM (which usually are >CL70) (again, you may get the occasional sample, but for a grinder these will be too few and far between). The three major sampling techniques are:
* Outside cities, sample all the trash. It regenerates quickly. It's widely available. It's low risk. But, do remember that each DNA sample counts against your inventory, so your inventory will rapidly fill. XP is slowly accumulated (about 50-100xp/successful sample). Mirrl advises: If sampling "trash" get yourself a guard trained pet and use it. Don't bother trying to sample anything tougher than "trash" until you get to Sampling 2/3. Then I'd suggest Picket Longhorns on Dantooine. With longhorns always go for the non-females first as they are social and the females are not. In addition I'd suggest running over fighting. They don't DB and generally you'll waste less time being knocked unconscious than trying to kill a lair full. (They don't DB)
* Adventure planets, sample aggros. This is not recommended until you've made it to DNA Sampling 3 since your success rate will be lower in the beginning and your risk of aggro is much higher. Aggro equals decay now, so be cautious. There is a cap on CL sampling, though; avoid anything >CL 70 (and really, you shouldn't sample that until you have DNA 3). Death is common, but the reward per successful sample is great (>300xp/successful sample).
* Running missions is a third option that has become viable courtesy of creature mounts and vehicles. You get a lot more creatures to spawn at a consistent CL and get money as well.

DNA Sampling Part 2: Macro
WildWildMan suggested the following macro which I haven't used, but others state is very good. Verbatim:
/ui action targetSelf /ui action cycleTargetOutwards /follow /pause 5 /sampledna /pause 11 /ui action toolbarSlot11
Put this into top right box and leave char in trash dense area, like Theed outskirts. 2.5k sample xp per hour, just remember you have to clean inventory often.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:15 am
Chief Warrant Officer

Post Re: SWG Profession Guide - Bio-Engineer
Making a BE Pet
By Mirrl

BE pets are a balancing act with 5 DNA samples and up to 10 experimentation points. You begin with 5 DNA samples, which must be placed across 5 characteristics, physique, prowess, mental, psychology and aggression, to create a template. Once the template has been made you may spend your experimentation points as you wish on these 5 characteristics up to their maximums. In this document any predictions for values will be for the maximums. The initials values generally fall into the 60-80% of maximum range. It is not clear to me why they are some times closer to 60% and some times all in the 80-85% range. Once you have spent all of your experimentation points you get the final template. Pick a "skin" and add into it the final template plus meat and flora food to create a creature. It sounds fairly easy but none of the DNA samples contribute to just one thing and so it generally ends up a balancing action to get the creature you want. These 5 DNA samples will control HAM (Health/Action/Mind), armor, resists, damage, attack speed, chance to hit, ranged attack, 2 different special attacks and the creature level. The skin you pick will determine the creatures run speed, minimum creature level and whether its "agro" (i.e. could it ever be a non-CH pet and does it deathblow).

DNA Sampling

The profession does not come with a built in macro for doing DNA sampling. Bring up the macro page and add a new macro with /sampledna. There are two kinds if creatures you need to worry about agro and not. Creatures that are not agro can be approached without the scent mask skill (Scout exploration line). I'd still suggest having it up as approaching my still alarm them and cause the sample to be more difficult. Please note that ALL creatures can agro you while your sampling. Your first clue off this will be the creature hitting you. Its good to be aware of which creatures are social as nearby creatures of that type will also attack you if you attack back. It is important to know which deathblow as you do not want to risk being incapacitated by them. Make sure you burst run from any creature that DB's and that you have scouted an escape route. I'd suggest a route that leads right into a group of non-aggros. Agro creatures must be approached with the scent mask ability up. As the CL of the creature your approaching increases the more caution you need to take in the approach. The first thing to remember is that walking is better than running and crawling is better than walking for the approach. While sampling you are better off kneeling than standing. Really dangerous creatures should be approached from behind while wearing a suit of scent neutralizes clothing. (Please remember than +25 is supposed to be the max bonus you should be getting out of these clothes) I'd also suggest have a macro ready (that does /stand; /pause 1; /burstrun) in case your aggrod. Steep hills and other terrain can also help you get away without needing to waste your burst run. Some people also have luck approaching the creature by vehicle with scent masked. Then hitting a macro (It needs the full vehicle name, e.g. /mount speederbike to get away. If you're a ranger the camo kits can also be very useful. Alternately you can see if any of the MBE's on your server have a vendor where they sell DNA they have collected. However you're going to work make sure you have LOTS of inventory space. Make sure your wearing a backpack and get 3 droids with inventory space. (Preferably 10 spaces per droid). In total this should give you 140 inventory slots. You will find you'll need it because DNA does not stack and you need a lot of it. I'd also suggest bringing a cheap shield generator and muon gold as both can help make this easier.

Experimental Increases

There are 5 places to experiment. Physique controls fortitude and hardiness. Prowess controls endurance and dexterity. Mental controls intellect and cleverness. Psychology controls dependability and courage. Aggression controls fierceness and power. When you experiment on one of the slots the related attributes will increase. Please note that when you critically fail experimentation it is common to see one of the related attributes to go up, one to go down and one unrelated attribute will also go down. If you have already maxed out the slot related to this third attribute, you will not be given the option to experiment it back up. BE experimental failure seem to be as high as 20% with good crafting tools and good private crafting stations, so be careful. Please note that it is normal for 1 of the 2 attributes to max out during experimentation long before the other one. For instance I frequently see fortitude max out long before hardiness. The following system works fairly well to determine the expected increase for a success on experimentation on all of the slots except psychology. (It usually works for 1st generation psychology, but not always then)

For a physique experimentation point:-
Hardiness increase = [ F / ( F + H )] x 140
Fortitude increase = [ H / ( F + H )] x 140

HAM

Each of the HAM attributes (Health/Action/Mind) is affected by the inputted DNA samples. However the only way to affect Health positively in experimentation is to experiment on physique. The only way to effect Action positively is to experiment on prowess. The only way to affect Mind positively is to experiment on mental. The following show how the DNA slots affect the initial/final outcome.
Health is determined by hardiness. Hardiness is determined by the physique algorithm, physique 40%, prowess 25%, mental 5%, psychology 5% and aggression 25%. 500 will give you about 9000 health. (Final combine randomizes this a bit)
Action is determined by dexterity. Dexterity is determined by the prowess algorithm, physique 25%, prowess 42%, mental 17%, psychology 8.5% and aggression 7.5%. 500 will give you about 9000 action. (Final combine randomizes this a bit)
Mind is determined by intellect. Intellect is determined by the mental algorithm, physique 5%, prowess 10%, mental 50%, psychology 30% and aggression 5%. 500 will give you about 9000 mind. (Final combine randomizes this a bit)
As you can see each of these stats is effect to varying degrees by all 5 DNA samples entered into the samples. Of the three stats Health is usually considered the most important for a pet, action the second most.

Armor and Resists

Armor is determined by fortitude. If the fortitude is over 500 you get armor, under and you don't. Fortitude is determined as follows physique 40%, prowess 25%, mental 5%, psychology 5% and aggression 25%. To experiment fortitude up you put experiment points in physique. Please note that it is common for fortitude to max out before hardiness. Once fortitude stops moving upward on a successful experiment of physique then fortitude is maxed out.
Resists are a little more complicated. Resist are a little more complicated. To start with there are 8 resists, kinetic, energy, blast, heat, cold, electric, acid and stun. Each of these resists can come in 3 flavors effective, special and vulnerable. Vulnerable will show up as such on both the creature and the DNA samples. Effective and special resist can only be determined by examination by someone with sufficient creature-knowledge (scout and ranger ability). The stats for wild creatures can also be found on web sites such as http://www.swgcreatures.com.
Basically effective and special resist damage in exactly the same way. They do not however work the same way with respect to the BE cloning process. Vulnerable acts as a -99 special resist. Resistance is determined by the standard physique determination algorithm, physique 40%, prowess 25%, mental 5%, psychology 5% and aggression 25%. However specials resists always override effective resist making the effective resist act as a 0 for the calculation. If the final resist is negative then the resist will be marked as vulnerable. Please note that effective resist will come through with part of its value. It will then require physique experimentation to bring it up to its full value. It cannot be brought over its final value by experimentation. It will also go back to 0, when fortitude goes over 500 and armor is achieved. Further experimentation will cause it to go up again. Additionally effective resists may be brought over their determined figure by a great result on the final combine. Special resists will always be at their determined amount and are unaffected by experimentation. Please note that kinetic and energy have a BE ceiling of 60 and the rest seem to have a ceiling of 100.
Examples of the resist calculation
physique/prowess/mental/psychological/aggression = resist
15E + 15E + 15E + 15E + 15E = 15*0.4 + 15*0.25 + 15*0.05 + 15*0.05 + 15*0.25 = 15E
15S + 15S + 15S + 15S + 15S = 15*0.4 + 15*0.25 + 15*0.05 + 15*0.05 + 15*0.25 = 15S
15S + 15S + 15E + 15E + 15E = 15*0.4 + 15*0.25 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 9.75 = 9S
15E + 15E + VLN + 15E + 15E = 0 + 0 + -99*0.05 + 0 + 0 = -4.95 = Vulnerable
15S + 15S + VLN + 15S + 15S = 15*0.4 + 15*0.25 + -99*0.05 + 15*0.05 + 15*0.25 = 9S

The system will not currently track effective vs. special resist for you so you will need to track it yourself. This means that it will not show up in the DNA sample. If you lack the Scout abilities to determine this then your best bet is to go to http://www.swgcreatures.com.

Damage, Attack Speed and ToHit

Damage is determined by power. Power uses the aggression algorithm, physique 17%, prowess 16%, mental 8.5%, psychology 16.5% and aggression 42%. You can multiply the power by 0.8 and round up to the next multiple of 10 to get a rough estimate of the lower damage limit. The upper damage limit is usually 10 points higher than the lower damage limit. (I have had both 55-65 damage and 70-75 damage, so these are just guide lines)
Attack speed is determined by courage. Courage uses the psychology algorithm, physique 9%, prowess 5%, mental 26%, psychology 43% and aggression 17%. The speed is usually close to 2.5 - (courage rounded up to the next 10)/1000.
ToHit is determined by cleverness. Cleverness uses the mental algorithm, physique 5%, prowess 10%, mental 50%, psychology 30% and aggression 5%. The ToHit is usually close to 0.19 + cleverness/1500.

Ranged Attack, Special1 and Special2

The mental DNA inserted determines ranged attack for me with a high degree of certainty. However several people have managed the same affect using the psychology slot. The DNA sample is question needs to have the ranged ability. The chance of transference then seems to be based on the quality of the DNA sample. I have reliably gotten ranged attack to come through when the only ranged DNA sample was in the mental slot and was of very high quality.
The general belief is that by preference special 1 comes from aggression and special 2 from psychology. Please note that they do not have to come from the same DNA slots. Multiple copies of an attack seem to cause a preference for that attack. Slots lacking specials seem to shift the specials off to other slots but do not make it definite that an attack will come through. Invalid specials (Area-Of-Effect such as plague strike, poison spray, open wounds) seem to express themselves as empty specials. By this I mean that if an invalid specials is picked for the special attack slot will come through as missing a special for that slot. This can mean you are likely to get no special for 1 or 2, as appropriate.

Creature Level

The short version is we don't really understand the algorithm that is used. The hope would be that CL would take all of the above into effect. Practically however it seems to mostly depend on damage, resists and the CL of the donors. In addition the CL determining algorithm is supposed to change soon. This makes most of our current guesses fairly pointless. Please note however there are a few important levels from a sales perspective. CL10 is the non-CH level. CL12 is the novice CH level. CL23/24 is the "triplets" level for an MCH. (23 + 23 + 24 = 70). CL35 is the "twins" level for an MCH. (35 + 35 = 70). CL 60-70 is the single large, hay look what I've got level. You also need to watch out for agro templates when combined with CL 60+ creatures. To control these you need some form of aggressive bonus. The two standard places to get these bonuses are the Wookie racial bonus and taming bonuses from clothing. (The second comes from our tissue line)

Template Level

Templates have the same quality characteristics that DNA samples have. (Poor, below average, average, above average, high and very high) We assign numbers to them Poor = 0, below average = 1, average = 2, above average = 3, high = 4, and very high = 5. A DNA template will have a quality, which is the average of its 5 samples rounded down. This means that it takes 5 very high quality samples to make a very high quality template. It also mean a 1 above average, 3 high and 1 very high quality samples will make a high quality template. There seems to be some advantage to using higher quality templates when doing the final combine. It also seems to affect the type of DNA gotten for nth generation DNA samples.

Skins

Skins determine movement speed, aggression level and minimum CL for a creature. They are applied as the last part of the combine. Aggression level and minimum CL determines who can tame/use the pet. Non-CH must by 10 or under and not aggressive. Low-level CH's also tend to be unable to handle aggressive pets.
Aggressive pets include Angler, Boar wolf, Bocatt, Choku, Huurton, Kusak, Langlatch, Shear Mite, Bordock, Dune Lizard, Narglatch, Woolamander, Kliknik, Vesp, Graul, Rancor and Kimogila.
CL 2 minimum Pets include Angler, Bearded Jax, Boar Wolf, Bocatt, Choku, Durni, Eopie, Gnort, Hermit Spider, Huurton, Kima, Krahbu, Kusak, Langlatch, Mott, Roba, Shear Mite, Slice Hound, Squall, Swirl Prong, and Vir Vur.
CL 5 minimum Pets include Bageraset, Bantha, Blurrg, Bol, Bolle Bol, Bolma, Bordok, Brackaset, Carrion Spat, Cu Pa, Dalyrake, Dewback, Dune Lizard, Falumpaset, Gualama, Guf Drolg, Gurnaset, Gurrcat, Gurreck, Ikopi, Kaadu, Kahmurra, Kwi, Mawgax, Narglatch, Pugoriss, Verne, and Zucca Boar.
CL 10 minimum Pets include Huf Dun, Piket, Razor Cat, Veermok, and Woolamander.
CL 15 minimum Pets include Gronda, Kliknik, Ronto, Snorbal, Thune, Tyblis and Vesp.
CL 20 minimum Pets include Malkloc and Torton.
CL 25 minimum Pets include Graul, Merek and Sharnaff.
CL 30 minimum Pet is the Fambaa.
CL 35 minimum Pet is the Rancor.
CL 40 minimum Pet is the Kimogila.

Currently the colors on some pets do not seem to stick once tamed. Kimogilas, Rancors and Jaxs are believed to have this problem. Razor Cat, Angler, and Kwi have all been confirmed to not have this problem. The problem will only manifest itself when the pet is tamed. As a statue the pet will show its color. On all pets the color seems to be absent in the datapad. In addition the examine function from the scout line seems to produce odd results.
Skin also seems to effect whether the ranged attack from the template can actually be used. Apparently only skins, which have wild creature with ranged attack, can actually use ranged attack. Skins where the creature the skin is named for have ranged attack are, angler, bagaraset, blurrg, bocatt, cu pa, dune lizard, kliknik, shear mite, squall and vesp. Skins which have ranged version but it is not the names creature are hermit spider (hermit spider queen), bolle bol (bolle bol colt), dalyrake (dalyrake matriarch) kwi (rhoa kwi guardian), merek (toxic merek battlelord) and kimogila (giant dune kimogila).

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]