It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Smuggler's Guide to being a smuggler!
Pikeman Rep

Post Smuggler's Guide to being a smuggler!
General
What do I need to become a Smuggler?
Brawler Unarmed4 + Marksman Pistol4 + 50k Pistol xp to buy Novice Smuggler.

What weapon certs are granted in the Smuggler tree?
None.

How do I smuggle?
See Underworld

Once I reach novice smuggler, can I get rid of Unarmed?:

No. You are stuck with it, unless you no longer want to be a smuggler.

Where is the smuggler trainer?:
Mos Eisley, Tatooine by the Cantina: 3400, -4880
Keren, Naboo by the Starport: 1360, 2835
Keren, Naboo by the Cloning Station: 1845, 2770
Daeric, Talus: 165, -2890

Slicing
Does the quality of tools/weapons have any bearing on my slice% ?
Many folks have tested this: Good slices have come from bad gear, bad slices have come from good gear. There has been no definitive Yes or No as to whether it affects the general trend of slices. Bottom line: Unknown but general opinion is No.

Can you pick the stat that increases on my weapon/armor?
No. It is completely random.

What can be Sliced?
Novice Smuggler: Only locked containers.
Sliceing1: Containers and Mission terms.
Sliceing2: All Above and Weapons.
Sliceing3: All above and Armor.
Sliceing4: Nothing new, but better returns on average.

How can I tell if a weapon/armor piece has been sliced?
Only a Slicer can tell, and they have to have it in their inventory to do so.

Do I have to hand over my weapon/armor to get it sliced?
Yes... so be careful of potential scamming and look for trusted smugglers.

Where do I find containers?

These are found when looting humanoid enemies. (swoopers, pirates, meatlumps, etc.)

What is inside a locked container?
95% of the time, junk. Ranging from low end weapons, melons, single bits of resources and maybe an article of clothing or two. Perhaps another locked containers as well. 25% of the time... NOTHING. So please don’t feel a Slicer has scammed you if he hands you back an empty container, it happens.

How do I slice a mission term and what does it do for me?

Click on a Mission Terminal and select Slice from the radial menu. A Standard Slicing interface will open.
If you slice a Mission term successfully, then open the term, the first page of missions will have a higher payout than normal. If you refresh the screen it goes back to normal. This grants you 100slicing xp, and you cannot slice any terminal again for 2min.

What happens if you slice faction terminals?
The slicer will benefit from increased mission payouts, and there are reports of slightly increased faction point rewards for completion.

Can you slice missions for others?
No. We can slice any term we can use, but only the Slicer can get the higher rewards.

What does Slicing do to my weapon?

Sliced weapons get approx. 10-35% permanent increase in damage(min & max) OR 10-35% permanent decrease in speed when successfully sliced. The more skilled the Slicer, the better return you’ll see on average. Be aware however that even a Master can deliver a low slice. The weapon is still able to be used with power-ups and repairable as normal. A sliced weapon will decay faster, but not horribly faster. One report is 100k pistol exp per 100 condition lost on a sliced pistol. (this is a observed rate not a fixed ratio)

What does Slicing do to my armor?
Slicing armor increases the effectiveness 10-35% or decreases the encumbrance by 10-45%. The more skilled the Slicer, the better return you’ll see on average. Be aware however that even a Master can deliver a low slice. Each piece is sliced separately. Sliced armor is repairable as normal. The condition is lost quicker, but I don't have a decay rate at this time. (Anyone?)

What happens if you slice a Shield Generator?
Its considered armor, and will lower the HAM cost or increase the effectiveness. This is of arguable value though since a shield generator can get to 0 condition in one fight alone. Also, you can get a HAM reduction slice on a shield generator that has 0 HAM cost to begin with, in other words: no effect.

What tools are used in Slicing?
To slice anything you need 2 laser knives(one for each wire). Novice Smugglers and above can make laser knives.
To slice a weapon you also require a Weapon Upgrade Kit, these can be made by Weaponsmiths.
To slice armor you require knives and an Armor Upgrade Kit, these can be made by Armorsmiths.
At Slicer2 you can make Flow Analyzer Nodes (FANs). You can use a FAN prior to choosing a wire in the slicing dialog. The FAN will direct you as to which wire to cut with a 75% accuracy. The FAN will tell you which line has more power flowing through it - that's the one you cut.
At Slicer4 you can make Molecular Clamps (MolClamps or just Clamps.) A MolClamp used prior to choosing a wire will direct you to the proper wire to cut 100% of the time.

Do I add a FAN and then the clamp when I am slicing?
No. If you have a clamp use it INSTEAD of the FAN. The clamp will do all the work as long as you know how to follow instructions (HINT: cut the wire it tells you to). It has been said that adding a FAN and a clamp messes with the 100% accuracy of the clamp.

Can I use MolClamps/FANs as a Novice?
Yes, they have no certification and can be used by any Slicer.

Can you slice something more than once?
No, only one attempt can be made.

What happens if you fail a slice?
On containers, the container locks forever. Do everyone a favor and destroy it then and there to prevent it from going back into the slicing market. On weapons/armor, no damage is done, BUT you can never try to slice the weapon/armor again.

Can weapons be sliced better than 35% ?
There has been 2-3 reports (game wide) of weapons sliced as high as the low forties. It has not been done in anyway that is repeatable. Nor has it been reported since Sliceing4 has been “fixed”. 9-03

I heard Sliceing4 was bugged?
It was. The abilities of Slicer2 and Slicer4 were swapped. As of 9-4-03 they have been swapped back to their intended settings. It is no longer bugged.

A Note On Sliceing Results:
I have listed what is the majority opinion on percent increases, there are limitations to what a Slicer2 can achieve on a weapon compared to a Slicer4. Some folks also feel that a Master Smuggler gets additional, non-documented, bonuses. I have refrained from listing these ranges per skill due to them that being more seated in opinion than fact. If you want to find out what the percentage slice vs. ability of skill, look further in the forum. There is bound to be 3 to 90 active threads on the subject.

Underworld Abilities

Who can I buy faction with?
Rebel or Imperial only.

How do I Buy faction points?

At underworld III you get Sell out which lets you sell your faction points, 25FP=210-290c
At underworld IV you get Connections which lets you Buy Faction: 1000c=10FP or 10,000c=125FP but capped at 500FP, ie- you can only buy if your current faction is below 500. No you cannot buy your way to an AT-ST.

Why would I buy faction then?
So you could "smuggle" by having rebel faction, selling out, buy imp faction, then sell stuff to imp overt players. Sell out and switch back. (Anyone know if there are timers to limit the switch back?)

THE PROBLEM: All an overt has to do is duel someone and suicide to be able to trade with anyone. A lot easier than our approx. 3k creds to switch.

Dirty Fighting

What does Feign Death do?

Once you give the feign death command it goes into your command que. The next hit after Feign is qued up will incap you for a few seconds. Doing close to double normal damage to you as well. You will stay down until you choose to get up buy giving a stand command. MOBs will not attack you while you are in this incap state and will eventually wander back to their lair.
Players in PvP can still shoot you, each shot will continue to cause wounds (black bar) to you, but they can never DeathBlow you unless you stand up and let them.

I hit Feign and still died?
Feign has several instances in which it will not work:
If your kneeling.
If your hit for so much damage you would have died.
If your HAM is too low to commit Feign (155 HAM cost)
Also, we gain Feign skill as we advance (+10 +20 etc), so presumably it has a chance to fail anytime.

What else do I get in Dirty Fighting?
Dirty Fighting II - Panic Shot 3.0 time, x1 damage. Currently broken; it used to be a cone Area of Effect delay.
Dirty Fighting III - Low Blow - 2.5 time, x1.5 damage (knockdown). This is a ranged knockdown. Remember that when a target is in a lowered posture they take more damage.
Dirty Fighting IV - Last Ditch - 4.0 time, x4 damage (stuns). This will do 4x damage to a random HAM pool and has a chance to stun a target.

What combat pluses does Dirty Fighting grant me?

None, we get no accuracy, speed, or damage modifiers in the Smuggler Tree.

Spice
What are spices?
Spices are "buffs" that give your character enhanced stats for a limited time. When the spices wear off though, you suffer from a 'downer' or 'withdrawal'

What is this spice 'Withdrawal'?

Well, basically take all the stats you got from the spice you took, then take them the exact opposite direction. In the case of neutron pixie's +1k health, you will more than likely not have a health bar during your withdrawal and can easily be incapacitated. Netron Pixie’s withdrawal last about 2 minutes. Since the up is 13minutes or so (800s) that's not bad.

Where did my spice buff go?
Sometimes when entering or exiting a building, a spice buff just...disappears, and you will still suffer from withdrawal later, so be careful. Withdrawal will also still come after a death, although you will not have the buff after death.

Do spices stack with a chef's food?
Yes, a most resounding YES!

How many spices can be active at once?
One. Including withdrawal time.

Last edited by Kortel on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 31, 2006 11:42 pm
Technical Service Representative

Lol i loved being a smuggler......i loved the RP most of all and pretending that the spices where drugs and i was trying to get rid of my "stuff" lol good times good times

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Master Corporal

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Service Representative

ppl act all serious they are like "WHAT THE **** ARE U TALKING ABOUT WIERDO!"
and im like "ITS A ROLEPLAY THING....GAWD!"

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer

lol yeah some of my friends would need some spice and I'd find a really dark corner in ME and only whisper. lol yup good times, good times

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:58 am
Smuggler Rep

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Master Corporal

Smuggler was my first proffesion. Ill never forget the time in kadaara, not sure exactly why i was overt because i was still a newb, but this overt reb found me and spammed low blow on me and i was getting non stop kd'd until i was incapped lol. That was before they put in the 20 second timer for kd. After that we became buddies and i learned most my smuggler skills from him from then on. I came pretty close to mastering it but then i decided to forget master smuggler and go for a pvp template so i did 0040 smuggler / 0040 pistoller / 0040 BH. Which at this point in the game was a very deadly template. No one used buffs or armor back then and the theed clone wars were awsome. If you died you could get right back in the action soon as you cloned, and no one was buffed so a low blow and a couple last ditch shots would nearly kill some one.

Turns out i should of just mastered it though because my second holo was smuggler :cry: so i ended up mastering it anyway.

Edit: Now that I think about it there is a good chance I would have unlocked alot sooner if I had mastered smuggler that first time around. Doh.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:16 pm
Smuggler Rep

Smuggler was my first proffesion. Ill never forget the time in kadaara, not sure exactly why i was overt because i was still a newb, but this overt reb found me and spammed low blow on me and i was getting non stop kd'd until i was incapped lol. That was before they put in the 20 second timer for kd. After that we became buddies and i learned most my smuggler skills from him from then on. I came pretty close to mastering it but then i decided to forget master smuggler and go for a pvp template so i did 0040 smuggler / 0040 pistoller / 0040 BH. Which at this point in the game was a very deadly template. No one used buffs or armor back then and the theed clone wars were awsome. If you died you could get right back in the action soon as you cloned, and no one was buffed so a low blow and a couple last ditch shots would nearly kill some one.

Turns out i should of just mastered it though because my second holo was smuggler :cry: so i ended up mastering it anyway.

Edit: Now that I think about it there is a good chance I would have unlocked alot sooner if I had mastered smuggler that first time around. Doh.

hehe i had a friend once who was 4/4/4/0 smuggler and on his last holo
he decided to drop smuggler to go up pike and something else
15 profs later he realised he needed to master smuggler :lol:

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]